City of Owosso’s
2023 Brush Pickup
Brush pickup will continue thru the last Wednesday of each month thru October 25, 2023. It is not necessary to call to register your address for pickup. The placing of brush curbside should not occur earlier than the Sunday evening prior to the monthly pick-up commencement date.
Residents are urged to use the City of Owosso Leaf/Brush Drop Off site located on Aiken Road (just south of Industrial Drive). Aiken Road opened Saturday, April 1, 2023, and will be open every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. until the end of the Leaf Season (usually the first Saturday in December). Grass clippings are now accepted at the Aiken Road Compost Site.
This service is for city residents only. Proof of city residency must be presented.
DPW crews cover the entire city, moving along as brush volumes permit, and record each street as it is completed. No return trips will be permitted once DPW crews have completed Brush Pick-up on a street. It may take several days for brush to be picked up in the entire city.
Brush Collection Rules:
• Brush must be out to the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. No brush piles are to be placed at the curb before Sunday evening of the pickup week. Tickets may be issued.
• Brush must be no larger than 3” in diameter and no longer than 8 feet long.
• Remove all roots, stumps and dirt.
• Place brush with the biggest cut end toward the curb – neatly stacked away from trees, signposts, guide wires, fire hydrants and fences.
• Do not place brush on sidewalks or in the street.
• Do not place brush in alleys – it will not be picked up. Tickets may be issued.
• Piles not conforming may be left until corrected.
The following material will NOT be collected:
• Brush cut or trimmed by contractors. Persons hired by the property owners are responsible for disposal of material.
• Material cleared from lots or undeveloped property.
• Material in boxes, bags, or containers.
• Yard waste and grass clippings.
• Building materials of any kind.
Brush is described as tree and shrubbery trimmings not exceeding 3” in diameter or 8’ in length. Brush will be removed at the curb on, or as close to, the brush pickup day as possible. It may take several days for brush to be picked up throughout the entire city.
If you have any questions, please call (989)725-0550.