City of Owosso’s
Brush Pickup Program
The city of Owosso’s next brush pickup is scheduled for Wednesday, September 27, 2017. Call 989-725-0550 or send an email email@example.com no later than noon, Tuesday, September 26, 2017 giving the address where the brush can be picked up.
Brush Collection Rules:
- Brush must be out to the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. No brush piles are to be placed at the curb before Monday of pickup week. Tickets may be issued.
- Brush must be no larger than 3” in diameter and no longer than 8 feet long.
- Remove all roots, stumps and dirt.
- Place brush with the biggest cut end toward the curb – neatly stacked away from trees, sign posts, guide wires, fire hydrants and fences.
- Do not place brush on sidewalks or in the street.
- Do not place brush in alleys – it will not be picked up. Tickets may be issued.
- If you do not call to be placed on the pickup list by the deadline, your brush will NOT be picked up.
The following material will NOT be collected:
- Brush cut or trimmed by contractors. Persons hired by the property owners are responsible for removing material.
- Material cleared from lots or undeveloped property.
- Material in boxes, bags or containers.
- Yard waste and grass clippings.
Brush is described as tree and shrubbery trimmings not exceeding 3” in diameter or 8’ in length. Brush pick up will continue on September 28, 2017 if not completed on the 27th.
The brush drop off site on Aiken Road, just south of Industrial Drive, is now open from 9 AM to 1 PM every Saturday for brush and unbagged leaf drop off. Grass clippings, debris, garbage or plastic will not be accepted.
If you have any questions, please call 989-725-0550.