Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) Pilot Drinking Water Infrastructure Grant
Community areas to be targeted for lead or galvanized water service line replacement will be as follows:
- 2018 Street Construction Projects - Locations are currently attached.
- Residential Lead & Copper Sampling Sites - Pending posting of location map.
- Other known locations of lead or galvanized water service lines - Pending positing of location map.
- Other locations based on age of the neighborhood - Pending posting of location map.
Property owners will be contacted if a lead or galvanized service line was identified on your property. Property owners who know (not presume) that their water service line is made of lead or galvanized material, may contact Dave Haut at 989-725-0560 or email at: email@example.com to register for a site visit.
Scheduled removal of lead or galvanized service lines will be on a first identified priority basis until all available grant funds are expended. Identification will be performed by hired contractors working for the City of Owosso. Some of the water services to be replaced will be owned by the City of Owosso, which are also required by the MDEQ to be removed.
Completed Water Main Projects 2018
· E. Howard St. – S. Washington to Park St.
· S. Chipman St. – South to Stewart St.
In Process Water Main Projects 2018
· Olmstead St. – West to Ward
· Harding St. – N. Chipman to Willow Springs
· Hanover St. – Riverside to north end
· Oliver St. – Dewey to Gould
Water Main Project October 2018
· Lincoln St. – Monroe to Farr