Waste Management - Garbage and recycling services are not provided by the city. Such services must be set up by the property owner with a private provider. The schedule, pricing, and service level is not regulated by the city. While maintaining such services is not required, a lack of waste management can result in the creation of a nuisance and as such, property owners are encouraged to arrange for adequate service. A listing of known local providers as of December 2018 is below. Additional and/or new providers may be listed in the Yellow Pages.
- Granger Container Service, 16980 Wood, Lansing - 888-9GRANGER (Residential, commercial, industrial, construction)
- Kelly's Refuse, 1780 W. Dowling Rd., Owosso - 723-3261 (Weekly residential garbage removal; public drop off site for trash & recycling; clean up & dumpsters)
- Premier Waste Services, 1901 W South St., Owosso, 723-2526 (Residential, commercial, dumpster service - senior discounts - recycle & garbage drop off center)
- Specialty Salvage, 1500 E. Cornell Rd., Owosso - 725-8062 (Residential, commercial, industrial; curbside recycling, waste & refuse removal services, senior rates, compost pick-up)
- Waste Management, 11664 E. M-21 Hwy., Lennon - 866-797-9018 (Residential, commercial, industrial; waste removal services)
Yard Cleanup Guide – For information about the regulations pertaining to yard maintenance, including mowing and blight, see the Yard Guide link on the right side of this page. This brochure also explains the city’s curbside brush pickup and brush drop off program.
Leaf Pickup – The City of Owosso provides a curbside leaf pick up service each fall. For details regarding this program see the link to the right for the most recent Leaf Pickup Brochure.
Composting - This is a service that must be carried out through a private waste management company because the city does not accept grass clippings at the city drop-off site. We advise people to purchase a mulching mower or contact their trash disposal company for information regarding the disposal of grass clippings.
Snow Removal – While snow removal is provided by the city on public streets and public parking lots, property owners must maintain their own drives, parking areas, and sidewalks. Sidewalks serving the public must be cleared within 24 hours of a snow event. For more details, see the Snow Removal Guide link on the right side of this page.