Owosso Community Television - OCTV
The City of Owosso controls two cable channels which are broadcast over the Charter Communications cable network and are available to all City of Owosso cable subscribers as well as cable subscribers in surrounding communities. Channel 188 operates as a community bulletin board providing an avenue for non-profit organizations to advertise events and allowing the City to relay time sensitive information to citizens. Channel 187 carried a mix of locally produced television programs and local government meetings as well as programs originating from other areas of the state and country but will cease functioning as of August 1, 2015 due to funding issues.
Channel 188 – Community Bulletin Board
Individuals wishing to place information on the community bulletin board channel can do so by dropping off pertinent information to the Clerk’s Office at 301 West Main Street or by email: BulletinBoard@ci.owosso.mi.us
Please include details of your event such as the date, time, location and nature of the event as well a contact name and phone number for use by City staff should there be any questions regarding your event. Please allow at least 48 hours between submission and air time.
All submissions must adhere to the following rules:
- All submissions may be edited at the discretion of OCTV for space and for clarity.
- If the notice is intended to publicize a public or non-profit event, it must be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the event.
- Notices must not have any commercial content. They cannot be used for personal or corporate benefit.
- Notices cannot publicize a fundraising raffle or lottery.
- You may email, fax or mail a Bulletin Board Request- contact numbers and addresses are listed below:
Owosso City Clerk’s Office
301 West Main Street
Owosso, MI 48867