August 6, 2018
PROJECT STATUS REPORT
2017 Street Program
1. W. Stewart Street, Chestnut Street to Chipman Street: Road work is complete. Punch List items (lawn restoration, cleanup) will be done during August.
2. S. Chipman Street, South Street to Stewart Street: Road work is complete. Punch List items (lawn restoration, cleanup) will be done during August.
Oliver Street, Phase 2, from Oak Street to Gould Street
Water main is complete. Road excavation and new aggregate base work complete. Concrete work scheduled to begin August 6, 2018 and will continue through middle of month. Asphalt work will occur soon thereafter and road reopened to traffic during August.
Project is on schedule for October 10, 2018 final completion.
Industrial Park Connector Project
1. McMillan Avenue from Monroe Street southerly 750’: New storm sewer construction is complete. New road construction is complete except last asphalt course. All road work to be completed and road reopened to traffic during August.
2. Monroe Street from Gould Street to McMillan Avenue: Storm sewer work and road excavation work about 75% complete. New road construction to begin soon thereafter. All road to be completed and road reopened to traffic during August.
3. Gould Street from Monroe Street to M-71: Contractor working on sewer and curb removal. All road work to be completed and road reopened to traffic during August.
Project is on schedule for October 20, 2018 final completion.
2018 Street Program-Contract 1
1. Olmstead Street from West Street to Chipman Street: Water main and storm sewer work is complete. New road construction is complete except last course of asphalt.
2. Harding Avenue from Chipman Street to Hanover Street. Water main in place and accepted for connection to city potable water system. Road has been milled. For August, Contractor plans to complete water services, storm sewer, road excavation and pavement work up to last course of asphalt.
3. Hanover Street from Harding Avenue to north end. For August, Contractor plans to complete watermain work and storm sewer work.
Additional days were added to schedule for exploratory digging and replacement of lead or galvanized water services from the main to the curb stop. Project is on schedule for new completion date of September 10, 2018.
2018 Street Program-Contract 2
1. Howard Street from Washington Street to 150’ east of Park Street: Project about 90% complete. Some sidewalk and last asphalt course work on HOLD. Emergency private utility work is underway and must be completed before remaining road work may resume. City is coordinating remaining road work with private utility companies. Project completion date is dependent upon utility work.
2. Stewart Street from Cedar Street to Shiawassee Street: Road excavation, curb removal, and water service work underway. Road work will follow soon thereafter. All work is to be completed and road reopened to traffic during August.
Both streets are on schedule for August 31, 2018 completion.
2018 Street Patch Program
Various locations around the city: The first round of patching was completed on July 13th. The second road of patching will start in mid-September for any additional areas that arise between now and then.
2018 Sidewalk Program
Northeast section of the city enclosed by E King St, N Dewey St, and E North St: Seifert is schedule to start mid to late August.
2019 Washington Street Project
Estimated Construction Cost: $726,000.00 (MDOT Local Safety Grant fund share as $600,000.00).
Construction Limits: Gute Street to Corunna Avenue (M-71).
Engineer: ENG, Inc.
Current Engineer Fee: $120,460.00.
Scope of Work: Combination of Cold Milling and Resurfacing (Gute to Stewart Streets) and Road Reconstruction (Stewart to Corunna Streets) that includes water main replacement, curb and gutter, ADA sidewalk ramps, storm sewer and structures, bicycle lanes, traffic lane reconfiguration, altogether with related work items.
Status: Project design engineering is progressing as to schedule. Tentative construction contract bid date is January, 2019. Tentative start date is June, 2019; after Curwood Festival. Completion date is undetermined.