The City of Owosso’s brush pickup continues on the last Wednesday of each month thru October, 2018. Brush must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on that day and should not be placed earlier than the Sunday evening prior to the monthly pick-up date. Appointments for brush pick-up are no longer necessary.
DPW crews will cover the entire city, moving along as brush volumes permit and record each street as it is completed. No return trips will be permitted once DPW crews have completed brush pick-up on a street.
Brush Collection Rules:
• Brush must be out to the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. No brush piles are to be placed at the curb before Sunday evening of the pickup week. Tickets may be issued.
• Brush must be no larger than 3” in diameter and no longer than 8 feet long.
• Remove all roots, stumps and dirt.
• Place brush with the biggest cut end toward the curb – neatly stacked away from trees, sign posts, guide wires, fire hydrants and fences.
• Do not place brush on sidewalks or in the street.
• Do not place brush in alleys – it will not be picked up. Tickets may be issued.
• Piles not conforming may be left until corrected.
The following material will NOT be collected:
• Brush cut or trimmed by contractors. Persons hired by the property owners are responsible for removing material.
• Material cleared from lots or undeveloped property.
• Material in boxes, bags or containers.
• Yard waste and grass clippings.
• Building materials of any kind.
Brush is described as tree and shrubbery trimmings not exceeding 3” in diameter or 8’ in length. Brush will be removed at the curb on, or as close to, the brush pickup day as possible. It may take several days for brush to be picked up in the entire city.
Residents are urged to use the City of Owosso Leaf/Brush Drop Off site located on Aiken Road (just south of Industrial Drive). It reopens for the season on, Saturday, April 7th, 2018 and will be open every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. until the end of the Leaf Season (usually the first Saturday in December). This service is for city residents only. Proof of city residency must be presented.
If you have any questions, please call (989)725-0550.