City of Owosso’s
Brush Pickup Program
The city of Owosso’s first brush pickup for 2017 is scheduled for Wednesday, March 29, 2017. Call 989-725-0550 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon, Tuesday, March 28, 2017 giving the address where the brush can be picked up.
Brush Collection Rules:
- Brush must be out to the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. No brush piles are to be placed at the curb before Monday of pickup week. Tickets may be issued.
- Brush must be no larger than 3” in diameter and no longer than 8 feet long.
- Remove all roots, stumps and dirt.
- Place brush with the biggest cut end toward the curb – neatly stacked away from trees, sign posts, guide wires, fire hydrants and fences.
- Do not place brush on sidewalks or in the street.
- Do not place brush in alleys – it will not be picked up. Tickets may be issued.
- If you do not call to be placed on the pickup list by the deadline, your brush will NOT be picked up.
The following material will NOT be collected:
- Brush cut or trimmed by contractors. Persons hired by the property owners are responsible for removing material.
- Material cleared from lots or undeveloped property.
- Material in boxes, bags or containers.
- Yard waste, weeds and grass clippings.
Brush is described as tree and shrubbery trimmings not exceeding 3” in diameter or 8’ in length. Brush pick up will continue on March 30th if not completed on the 29th.
The brush drop off site on Aiken Road, just south of Industrial Drive, will be open from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm every Saturday beginning on April 1, 2017 for brush and unbagged leaf drop off for city residents. Grass clippings, debris, garbage or plastic will not be accepted.
If you have any questions, please call 989-725-0550.